University of Vienna
In 2015, the International Bar Association (IBA) and the Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC) took an important step to ensure that the consensual dispute resolution processes mediation and negotiation could become real game-changers in the future of international commercial dispute resolution.
Both institutions teamed up to launch the first global consensual dispute resolution competition (CDRC):
The IBA – VIAC CDRC Mediation and Negotiation Competition.
Since then, we have established a global platform that connects current and future experts. Our Moot mimics near-real mediation and negotiation experiences. We team up with top universities and institutions from all across the world and offer one of the best learning and networking experiences for ADR enthusiasts worldwide. The IBA-VIAC CDRC now sets the trend for a totally fresh generation of handling disagreements, a whole new era of dispute resolution where parties take control over resolving their disputes.
CDRC in numbers
Our mission is to create a long term platform that connects current and future consensual dispute resolution experts and offers one of the best learning and exchanging experiences worldwide.
Together with you, we are here to:
- promote and develop negotiation and mediation as forms of consensual dispute resolution in domestic or international business and commerce.
- contribute to the practice, exchange and growth of negotiation and mediation among students and professionals.
- facilitate intellectual exchange between members from various fields of ADR.
- connect students with professionals and experts.
- provide a unique forum for exchange of best practice and new techniques of mediation and negotiation.