:: Volunteer Application 2018
pages in this category:
** Volunteer Application for CDRC 2018 is closed – please check again for next year **
Welcome to the IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna 2018, 16-21 July 2018
This is the page to inform you about how to become part of the all volunteer event team at CDRC Vienna, what to expect and how to apply.
Invitations will be sent out on a rolling basis. Please email to teams@CDRCVienna.org if you have any other questions.
What you can expect from being a Volunteer at CDRC
- Being part of one of the world’s leading Mediation and Negotiation Competitions
- Working and interacting closely with some of the world’s leading ADR practitioners
- Working in a small team of highly motivated volunteers from all over the world, led by Director Claudia Winkler
- Learning to plan, organize and execute in a high impact, professional and agile environment
- Forming friendships with people from all over the world
- Learning from CDR practitioners from all over the world in workshops and by observing mediation session
- Some nice evening events where your only responsibility is to mingle and party 😉
What we expect from our volunteers – Read This CAREFULLY!
What makes CDRC special is our tightly knitted family. This is also true for the volunteer event team that gets selected. In order for this family to work well during this stressful and vibrant week here is some information about our family culture for interested applicants to determine if they are a good fit.
- We are a small team, around 15 people, who run the entire event of 250 people. Every person, in every minute, matters! Being a volunteer at CDRC is a task of high responsibility for people with a proven talent in organizing things and a hands on attitude.
- We have early mornings and late nights. We will at times start preparing from 7 am and you can expect to be out partying late at night (of course you don’t have to do that latter part 😉
- You can NEVER be late. We rely heavily on everyone being on time. You will work in small groups. One person being late lets the whole team down. We understand time is viewed different in cultures outside Austria, but if you want to be part of our family in Vienna, you must, without exception, be ready on the dot. If you cannot guarantee this requirement kindly do not apply. We cannot accept exceptions to this since people who are late cause extra stress and burden on other volunteers and we consider it highly disrespectful.
- We all do a lot of nitty gritty work. As a volunteer, you work closely with the Director every day, and all of us do things from printing to stapling to carrying water, moving furniture and more. Of course we also party and watch sessions and socialize and so on, but these first parts are there too. We cannot welcome anyone to this team, who feels like they are too good or too senior to do any of the ground work that needs to be done. Everyone is equal in sharing responsibility.
- Volunteers must be present throughout the whole week plus at least one day before the competition starts (see application form for details)
- Volunteers cannot be compensated for their travel or accommodation. We will provide daily lunch and dinner on most nights.
CDRC is one of the leading competitions in the world – this starts with its team and each of you will represent a big part of it. Organizers and volunteers have been coming back for years in a row and created lifetime friendships, made crucial professional connections, learned and partied. We guarantee you, being part of the team is an exhilarating experience, if you can guarantee to be a good fit with all of the above.
If your personal style aligns with the above fundamentals, do apply and we will be very happy to have you as part of our family in Vienna this year!
See you in Vienna!