:: Team Application 2023
pages in this category:
IBA-VIAC CDR Competition 2023
8 to 12 July 2023
The IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna is unique.
Students can choose to participate as negotiators or mediators, making it a true mediation competition and, thus, an incredible and exciting training, learning and networking opportunity for current and future mediation and conflict management experts.
Online applications for the 2023 IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna are open from 27 January 2023 to 3 March 2023 (11:59 pm (CET) the latest).
Selected teams will be invited to participate at the end March 2023.
We accept applications from teams of negotiators (Negotiator Teams) and teams of mediators (Mediator Teams).
- Each university may lodge an application only for one Negotiator Team.
- A negotiator team consists of a minimum of two and a maximum of four students.
- At least one student of the negotiator team must be a full or part-time law student in order to play the role of the Counsel in the competition.
- Negotiator teams have to nominate a minimum of one and a maximum of two coaches.
- Each university may lodge an application only for one Mediator Team.
- A Mediator Team consists of a minimum of one and a maximum of two students.
- Mediator Teams must nominate a minimum of one and a maximum of two coaches.
ELIGIBILITY OF STUDENTS AND GRADUATE STUDENTS
- To be eligible, students must be registered as full-time or part-time students in the academic year of 2022/2023 or 2023.
- Graduate students are permitted to participate if they have completed their undergraduate studies no longer than 2 years ago and have gained work experience (e.g. practiced law or been in business) of no more than 1 year since their graduation.
- No student can have any practical mediation experience outside a training or university context (clinical experience is permissible).
- Each student can participate only once in any student role. In 2023, this Rule is subject to a “Covid Exemption” which may allow the return of certain students.
- Each Team must review the Competition Rules for the 2023 IBA-VIAC CDR Vienna.
- Each Team is responsible for ensuring that all its members are eligible to participate in the IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna.
The “Covid Exemption” for the 2023 IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna
Students may return to the 2023 IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna if they fulfill the “Covid Exemption”.
This exemption is limited to:
- students who have competed in the 2022 IBA-VIAC CDR Competition as a mediator or a negotiator (eligible students); and
- the 2023 IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna exclusively.
The Covid Exemption enables eligible students who participated in 2022 as a mediator, to apply to enter the 2023 IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna as a negotiator, and vice versa.
- If Teams consider fielding students under the Covid Exemption, please contact the competition’s Directors (directors[at]cdrcvienna.org) to confirm their eligibility.
We will select teams based on the criteria set out below (in no particular order).
- communication, presentation, and other skills manifested in the student’s application;
- training, coursework, and experience of the applying students;
- performance at previous mediation or negotiation competitions;
- representation of geographic and cultural diversity.
For more details on team structure, eligibility, and selection criteria please make sure to check the Competition Rules for the 2023 IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna.
CDRC is not charging application fees.
If accepted to participate in the IBA-VIAC CDR Competition, the Teams are invited to register and then asked to transfer a Registration Fee.
The Registration Fees for the 2023 IBA-VIAC CDR Competition are:
- Registration fee for a Negotiator Team: 330€
- Registration fee for a Mediator Team: 300€
Each application consists of 3 steps, including that each Team must:
- produce a short video so we can get to know you.
- fill in either the Mediator Team Application Form or the Negotiator Team Application Form.
- add and upload the short video.
- lodge its Mediator Team Application Form or its Negotiator Team Application Form, together with its short video.
APPLY AS ….
… a Negotiator Team:
- Fill in the Negotiator Team Application Form; and
- submit it together with a 2-minute video to show us, what makes your team a great Negotiator Team.
… a Mediator Team:
- Fill in the Mediator Team Application Form; and
- submit it together with a 1-minute video to show us, what makes you or your team a great Mediator (Team).
Yes, of course!
We want to get to know you and what better way of showing us who you are and why you are a great team for the IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna.
Let your creativity run free and blow us away!
Here are simple instructions that may help you.