:: Team Application 2020
pages in this category:
IBA VIAC CDRC Vienna | 11 – 15 July 2020
Online application for the 2020 competition runs from 1 December 2019 to 31 January 2020 (midnight CET).
Selection results will be published in early March 2020.
This year again, we will accept applications from teams of negotiators and teams of mediators separately.
- Each university may apply one team of negotiators.
- A negotiator team consists of a minimum of two and a maximum of four students.
- At least one student of the negotiator team must be a full or part-time law student in order to play the role of the counsel in the competition.
- Negotiator teams have to nominate a minimum of one and a maximum of two coaches.
- Each university may apply one team of mediators.
- A mediator team consists of a minimum of one and a maximum of two students.
- Mediator teams have to nominate a minimum of one and a maximum of two coaches.
Please note: Universities can apply one or both teams. However, the application and selection process is entirely separate.
Each team must have a separate coach and gets admitted separately. One admission has no influence on the other.
Eligibility of Students
- To be eligible, students must be registered as full-time or part-time students in the academic year of 2019/2020.
- Graduate students are permitted to participate if they have completed their undergraduate studies no longer than 2 years ago and have gained work experience (e.g. practiced law or been in business) of no more than 1 year since their graduation.
- No student can have any practical mediation experience outside a training or university context (clinical experience is permissible).
- Each student can participate only once in any student role.
- Each team must review the Competition Rules for further details and is responsible to make sure its members are eligible to participate.
We will select teams based on the criteria set out below (in no particular order).
- communication, presentation and other skills manifested in the student’s application
- training, coursework and experience of the applying students
- performance at previous mediation or negotiation competitions
- representation of geographic and cultural diversity
For more details on team structure, eligibility and selection criteria please make sure to check the Competition Rules.
It is the applicants’ responsibility to check if they are eligible under the application criteria.
Each application consists of 2 steps
- Produce a short video so we can get to know you (read more below)
- Fill out the respective application form and include your video therein
IMPORTANT: only applications received by midnight (CET) on 31 January will be taken into account!
— Apply as a Negotiator Team
- To apply a negotiator team please fill out the negotiator application form here and
- submit a maximum 2-minute video to show us, what makes you a great negotiator team for IBA-VIAC CDRC
— Apply as a mediator team
- To apply as a mediator team please fill out the mediator application form here and
- submit a maximum 1-minute video to show us, what makes you a great mediator (team) for IBA-VIAC CDRC
For more information on how to take and submit the video download our
Video Application Instructions CDRC Vienna
If you have any questions please contact teams@CDRCVienna.org