:: Team Application 2017
pages in this category:
IBA – VIAC CDRC Vienna | 10-14 July 2017
Online application for the 2017 competition runs from 1 December 2016 to 31 January 2017 (midnight CET).
Selection results will be published in early March 2017.
This year again, we will accept applications from teams of negotiators and teams of mediators separately.
- Each university may apply one team of negotiators.
- A negotiator team consists of a minimum of two and maximum of four students.
- At least one student of the negotiator team must be a full or part-time law student in order to play the role of the counsel in the competition.
- Negotiator teams have to nominate and be accompanied by a minimum of one and a maximum of two coaches.
- Each university may apply one team of mediators.
- A mediator team consists of a minimum of one and a maximum of two students.
- Mediator teams have to nominate and be accompanied by a minimum of one and a maximum of two coaches.
Please note: Universities can apply one or both teams. However, the application and selection process is entirely separate. Each team must have a separate coach.
Eligibility of Students
- To be eligible, students must be registered as full-time or part-time students in the academic year of 2016/2017.
- Graduate students are permitted to participate if they have completed their undergraduate studies no longer than 2 years ago and have gained work experience (e.g. practiced law or been in business) of no more than 1 year since their graduation.
- No student can be an accredited mediator or have any practical mediation experience outside a training or university context (clinical experience is permissible).
- Each student can participate only once.
- Each team must review the 2017 Rules for further details. To make sure its members are eligible to apply.
We will select teams based on the criteria set out below (in no particular order).
- communication, presentation and other skills manifested in the student’s application
- training, coursework and experience of the applying students
- performance at previous mediation or negotiation competitions
- mediation and negotiation courses available at the applying university
- representation of geographic and cultural diversity
For more details on team structure, eligibility and selection criteria please make sure to check the 2017 Rules
Each application consists of 2 steps
- Fill out the respective application form
- Send us a short simple video so we can get to know you (read more below)
— Apply as a Negotiator Team
- To apply a negotiator team please fill out the negotiator application form here (opens on 1 Dec) and
- record a maximum 2-minute video to show us, what makes you a great negotiator team for the IBA-VIAC CDRC 2017
— Apply as a mediator team
- To apply as a mediator team please fill out the mediator application form here (opens on 1 Dec) and
- record a maximum 1-minute video to show us, what makes you a great mediator (team) for the IBA-VIAC CDRC 2017
For more information on how to take and submit the video download our video-application-instructions
If you have any questions please contact teams@CDRCVienna.org